Sam's Squares, is a Chip's Challenge emulator assembled using Unity with a focus on Android support.
Originally released in 2020 as an alternative to Rommy's Gauntlet for Android, the emulator was released for the purpose of allowing users to play level packs on a mobile Android device. The emulator utilizes a custom hybrid ruleset that is a blend of MS and Lynx rules. With the included blended ruleset, CC1, CCLP1, CCLXP2, CCLP3, and CCLP4 are all completable. Movement style was designed to mimics the MS style, but included animations to minimize choppy gameplay.
The emulator features:
- All current CCLPs, with the exception of CCLP2;
- DAT file upload support for new level packs;
- Customizable image skins and audio file uploads;
- Public best time posting for all included CCLPs;
- Speed, inventory, and location gameplay mods;
- Bluetooth keyboard/controller support;
- Backup and migration of end-user configurations;