Hello, my name is Icy001 and I have a more detailed description of myself at the Runescape Wiki. See my user page. I was the User of the Month for the month of November 2008!
My latest (good) level is Only One. This level contains a circle of bugs guarding 4 chips and Chip must drive only one of them out to hit the toggle and detonate the bomb to clear the way to the exit! Otherwise the block will block the exit...
Chip's Challenge Stuff
I programmed my own Chip's Challenge level editor (now officially named Chip's Challenge Level Designer) in C# with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1, and I have made 64 levels with it so far. With my editor (you can download it here), there are no limitations to where you can connect clones, traps, and add monsters. This leads to some interesting formations which I have taken advantage of in many of my levels! Also, my editor has an Undo/redo mechanism! (Which was lacking in the editors I've used previously!!)
- Infinite undo/redo functionality
- Support for 32-bit images
- Support for tiles beyond those in the normal tileset, namely the OR'ed and AND'd copies of the images. You can't add them yourself, but the program will display them correctly.
- Eyedropper - Alt + Click
- Switch toggles (F4)
- No semantical limitations for trap connections, clone connections, etc. (you can connect anything to anything)
- Visual representation of connections - when you hover over a button, trap, clone machine, or teleport, a line will be drawn pointing to the connected tile. No more searching for the tile at coordinates (22, 7)!
- Individual layer viewing and editing
But it's in beta stage right now, so download it and send me feedback via CCzone!
I have uploaded 78 images of (most of) the tiles used in Chip's Challenge. These images were edited to add transparency. For example, these images can be used to create a custom level section (the entire level is too large) in the Wiki, such as my beginning from "Sad Meadow":
Cool, isn't it?
Other level excerpts
Here are some excerpts from my other levels:
Sorry, but you have to guess this time!
This level is nothing but evilness, but is quite easy once you know where to go.
A straightforward level...
(From my brother's level set - this is the first level!)
How to get past the teeth (which is trapped at the moment) and go to the exit? That's for you to find out!