Please create an account or Login! Have fun!
|Multi-directional?||Only in Steam|
|Moves?||Controlled by player or monster|
An ice block is a special type of block introduced in Chip's Challenge 2. In addition to those that can push dirt blocks, objects that can push ice blocks also include other ice blocks.
It can also be inserted into Chip's Challenge 1 using the patch pgchip by pieguy. The properties of ice blocks from this patch are slightly different from those of Chip's Challenge 2.
- Multiple ice blocks in a row can be pushed simultaneously.
- Ice blocks will turn fire into water, water into ice, and dirt into floor.
- Ice block clone machines consist of an ice block on the top layer and a clone block on the bottom layer.
- Teeth and tanks can push ice blocks.
- Ice blocks can be pushed over many tiles that are acting walls to normal blocks, like thieves and computer chips.
- If a dirt block is bestowed fire boots and then transformed, the resulting ice block will not melt in flame jets or convert fire to water. If it is bestowed flippers, it will not convert water to ice.
- Ice blocks can remove some acting dirt in addition to dirt itself, like fake blue walls, locks (when carrying the corresponding keys), and sockets (if the chip count is zero). More precisely, they will only remove terrain acting dirt and will not pick up static objects, even blue keys.
- Ice blocks on floor or wires will melt into water when a fireball collides with them.
Use in CC1
After applying the pgchip patch, one of the unused tiles is then replaced with the ice block in the tile index. The patch was written before Chip's Challenge 2 was released, so David Stolp worked with descriptions from Chuck Sommerville to create the tile.
Special level sets, or just special levels in a set, have been made to demonstrate the effects of the ice block; Chip can play the levels that do not have the tile in them normally, but must use pgchip to play the ones with.